Recently, a man in his 50s died after choking on a momo. Following the incident, the All-India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Delhi has issued a health warning.
Although momos, a delicious and popular snack made of soft dough stuffed with meat or veggies inside, are utterly harmless, they may cause harm if not chewed properly.
Recently, a man in his 50s died after choking on a momo.
The All India Insitute of Medical Sciences in Delhi has published a report on this rare case. The forensic imaging and post-mortem reports state that the man died because the momo got stuck in the opening of his windpipe.
Doctors further said that momos have a slippery texture and a small shape. Hence, if not chewed properly, they can get stuck in the pipe and choke you.
Momo is a popular choice as a snack or starter among many Indians. Usually, we have an entire plate or more of them without the risk of getting any health issues afterwards. However, after this rare incident, AIIMS has reminded people to chew their food correctly while eating it.
While this incident does not indicate that momos could harm or that you should avoid consuming them, make sure you chew them properly before swallowing them.
Disclaimer: This content is authored by an external agency. The views expressed here are that of the respective authors/ entities and do not represent the views of Economic Times (ET). ET does not guarantee, vouch for or endorse any of its contents nor is responsible for them in any manner whatsoever. Please take all steps necessary to ascertain that any information and content provided is correct, updated and verified. ET hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, relating to the report and any content therein.
Read the now!
Indulge in digital reading experience of ET newspaper exactly as it is.
Download The Economic Times News App to get Daily Market Updates & Live Business News.
ETPrime stories of the day